Accounting Clerk/Admin Intern
Sargent’s has been active in the nursery and landscaping business for 50 years and has steadily grown to become a major supplier of green goods and services in the Rochester market area. Our Mission is to provide experiences that make people say “Wow”. That includes our customers and our employees. At Sargent’s, each person is what makes us strong.
Person’s applying for this position should be pursuing an Accounting/Business degree or have some experience/knowledge of basic accounting.
Responsible for providing accounting support to the financial controller. Handles accounts payable and accounts receivable duties. Perform general administrative duties.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support controller.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting issues as directed.
- Compile and sort invoices and checks.
- Place checks in envelopes and mail out.
- Input vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Provide front desk customer service, including main phone support.
- File and tally deposits.
- Obtain proper approval for all invoices.
- Process bills for payment.
- Open mail and match payments to invoices.
- Arrange for money to be deposited to bank.
- Contact individuals with delinquent accounts.
- Office support.
- Seasonal, paid position.
The start and end date for this position can be somewhat flexible but the earlier in the season as a starting time the better since our season starts April/May timeframe.
To apply for this position, please submit your resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.