Arborist Crew Person
Sargent’s is a 50-year family-owned business in Rochester, MN. We are a leader in the green industry and in 2020 added a Tree Services division to our already growing company. This division performs quality and safe tree pruning and removal, tree preservation, plant heath care (PHC) and tree planting.
Are you passionate about trees and arboriculture? Do you want a local, family-owned company to call home? Do you want to work for a company with a good track record of having 30+ year employees? Do you want a career, with a clear pathway to more in your job? Do you want to be in an influential position in a new division of an established company? Sargent’s may be the answer!
With the tree division being new at Sargent’s, this would be a great opportunity to get in at the ground level as we go to the top as we have for the past 50 years in landscaping. The Arborist Crew Person will daily be in the field working with the Tree Service crew(s) performing tree pruning and removal, stump grinding, tree planting, and on occasion, plant health care. The Arborist Crew Person will be trained to become a skilled climbing arborist, so it is imperative that this person be comfortable and passionate about working at height.
- Be part of a great team. Being an ideal teammate is the number one requirement for this position.
- Love everything trees! Be willing to learn rope access tree climbing and rigging, and equipment operation.
- Work with new equipment (articulated loader, chipper and lifts and more
- Learn quality and safe tree care to ANSI A300 and Z133.1 standards.
- All PPE and tree climbing/rigging equipment provided by Sargent’s. You will have the tools you need to do your job well.
- Plant trees! Mix up your weekly routine with quality tree planting.
- Career Pathways is our career development program that will help you grow at the pace you want.
- Valid driver’s license and able to be insured on Sargent’s company insurance policy.
- Represent Sargent’s foundation, vision, mission, and values in your actions and communication.
Skills and Experience:
No experience in tree care needed. Ideally, some experience working outside.
- Health Insurance with HSA enrollment option
- 401K Retirement Plan with 4% company match (when employee contributes 5%)
- Paid Time Off
- Career Pathways Development Program
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Boot/Shoe Allowance
- Great Employee Discounts (up to 30%)
*All benefits offered to everyone that qualifies.