Do you love plants and are looking to be part of a growing, vibrant company? Sargent’s is looking for an adaptable, friendly, hard-working individual to join our team as an Assistant Grower in our Greenhouse Production Department. This person will assist the Head Grower and work alongside the Greenhouse Production staff.
Sargent’s Landscape Nursery, Inc. is a 50-year family-owned business in Rochester, MN and committed to continued growth. We are planning to dramatically increase the number of plants grown in our facilities, which will include a significant greenhouse expansion in the next 2-4 years.
Assist the Head Grower in all aspects of managing greenhouse operations. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Represent Sargent’s foundation, vision, mission, and values in your actions and communication
- Staff management, training, scheduling, and development
- Manage plant health and maintenance i.e. disease, weed and insect control
- Plant handling, receiving, tagging, fertilization, shipping, etc.
- Forklift and loader operation, training and supervision
- Assist in department administrative duties, including working in Excel, Word and timeclock system.
- Assist with inventory control
- Work in other areas, such as Garden Center, potted trees and shrubs, field, and snow removal as needed
- Work a schedule that will include all weekends in April, May and June, and rotating weekends the rest of the growing season
- Maintain safe and efficient working environment
- Maintain greenhouse and greenhouse production equipment such as watering systems, etc.
- Minimum two-year horticulture degree or minimum 5 years greenhouse production experience.
- Ability to be on Sargent’s driving insurance and obtain DOT health card.
- Pest control experience in a greenhouse environment.
- Detail oriented and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Experience in greenhouse plumbing/irrigation and minor carpentry skills a plus.
- Experience with the H2A program a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Health Insurance with HSA enrollment option
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
*All benefits offered to everyone that qualifies.