* To enjoy the highest quality, freshest cranberries this season take advantage of our Cranberry Pre-Order program!
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Generously grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Spreadcranberries and pecans over bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the sugar.
2. In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Add remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, melted butter, and milk; beat on low speed just until combined (batter will be thick). Carefully spread batter over cranberries and nuts.
3. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is brown and a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes. To serve, spoon warm cake into dessert dishes, cranberry side up. If desired, top with sweetened whipped cream. Makes 12 servings.
Chop the cranberries in a food processor. Mix with the sugar and pineapple. Let this mixture stand in the refrigerator overnight.
Whip one cup of whipping cream and fold into the cranberry mixture. Mix in one bag of mini marshmallows. Chill until you are ready to serve.
2 C. Fresh Cranberries, chopped
2 C. Chopped, Peeled Apple
½ C. Sugar
½ C. Chopped Nuts
2 Tbsp. Quick-Cooking Tapioca
¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
Pastry for 9” Pie Double Crust
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine cranberries, apple, 1-1 ½ cups sugar, nuts, tapioca, and cinnamon. Let stand for 20 minutes.
2. Turn cranberry mixture into a 9” pastry lined pie plate. Adjust top crust; seal and flute edges. Cut vents in top crust. Brush top crust with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
Bake in a 375* oven for 25 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or till golden. Makes 8 servings
4 Med. Pears; peeled and cut in 1 in. cubes
½ C. Dried Cranberries
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
¼ C. Sugar
1 Tbs. All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Grated Lemon Peel
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/3 C. All-Purpose Flour
1/3 C. Old-Fashioned Oats
1/3 C. Packed Brown Sugar
¼ C. Ground Flaxseed
¼ tsp. Salt
2 Tbs. Butter, Melted2 Tbs. Canola Oil
1. In a large bowl, combine pears and cranberries: drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon, and nutmeg: stir into pear mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, flax, and salt. Stir in butter and oil until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serves 8
Combine raisins, orange juice, water, lemon juice, and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add cranberries and simmer 5 minutes, until liquid barely covers. Cool to room temperature.
Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 1 month. May freeze up to 1 year. This zesty, colorful relish is a fine accompaniment for ham or a holiday bird.
CRANBERRY SALSA Wendy
12 oz fresh cranberries, chopped
1-8 oz can crushed pineapple
2/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp chopped green onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped peppers (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Refrigerate 2 hours- serve!
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
1 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tsp. hot water
Mix all ingredients together. Fold in one cup cranberries, halved or chopped. Grease and flour the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Makes one large loaf or two mini loaves.
Combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely.
Process 3 cups of cranberries until finely chopped in a food processor.
In a canning jar combine cranberries, sugar syrup and 3 cups of 100 proof Vodka.
Let stand in a cool place for 3 weeks, shaking every few days.
Strain through cheese cloth or a coffee filter, into clear jars.
Store in the freezer. Serve in small glasses or pour over ice cream or fresh fruit.