Landscape Design Manager
Do you love landscape design and have the training, education, and/or expertise to lead a team of other experienced landscape designers? Are you looking to be part of a growing and vibrant company? Sargent’s is looking for a great teammate who has the passion and the skills to do just that.
Sargent’s Landscape Nursery, Inc. is a 50+ year family-owned business in Rochester, MN. We are committed to the continued growth of our company including our Landscape Design and Build services. While we do all kinds of landscape designs, designing and building with plants is our niche. Sargent’s has production greenhouses and two retail centers that give us a unique advantage in our landscape design and build operations.
The Design Manager is responsible for leading the Design Team in a unified direction, with a continuous-improvement mindset. This person would be a part of the Landscape Leadership Team along with other operations and salespeople. The Design Manager is responsible for providing direction and leadership to the landscape designers to meet their goals and improve their skills, tools, and methods.
- Passion for landscape design and a love for plants.
- Degree in Landscape Design or related field.
- 5+ years of experience designing landscapes with a portfolio of designs for clients comparable to Sargent’s client base.
- Be a strong salesperson in the company.
- Develop a culture of excellence within the design/sales team where individuals are recognized in the community for their creative design ideas, expertise and customization.
- Lead continuous improvement in the design team by coordinating outside influence into our thought process (e.g., continuing education, collaborative visits with other landscape offices in other cities, sharing articles, etc.).
- Develop a culture of achievement with a team that is pulling toward the total company objectives and regularly achieves the sales goals set in the Strategic Planning process
- Maintain a culture of excellent customer service, maintaining a Net Promoter Score over 70.
- Develop and/or lead processes for tracking sales metrics, following up on proposals, appreciating clients, collecting aged accounts, and more.
- Make sure customers are matched with the best designer fit for their project.
- Maintain a strong office presence.
- Pay range $80K to $100K+ based on performance.
- Employee discount which includes 30% off plant materials
- Retirement Plan through a 401k. Sargent’s offers a match up to 4%
- Health Insurance options for Eligible Employee and Families (Sargent’s pays for 75% of employee monthly cost)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)