As a Landscape Foreperson at Sargent’s, you will lead and participate in performing residential and commercial landscape installation projects. A Landscape Foreperson’s position requires overseeing and guiding the work of others assigned to the project.
Sargent’s is a place where people love to work. We know we’ve done our job well when we hear our customers say “Wow” after a finished project, be it large or small.
You will measure your success here at Sargent’s by safely and efficiently completing work to the highest standards and on budget. You will be part of a team that is growing and developing every day and you are a key player in the success of that team. As a top performer in this role, you will be highly skilled and knowledgeable at landscape construction/installation and communicate well.
- A desire to do our best. We do not come to work every day to be average
- A culture of respect and diversity. Sargent’s understands that we succeed or fail as one
- A vision of prosperity. You have goals for your life. We do too. We want those goals to be closer tomorrow than they are today
- A fun environment working with others who are passionate about landscaping
- An opportunity for growth and development. This means we are committed to having the tools and training you need to do your job well
- More information on Sargent’s culture can be found on our careers page: https://sargentsgardens.com/careers/
- A love for working outdoors
- A love for being around and working with people, both teammates and customers alike
- A passion for quality of work from yourself and your teammates
- Ability to be flexible. Every day is a new adventure
- Desire to follow written or verbal direction to complete tasks effectively
- Ability to lift/carry materials up to 75lbs repeatedly
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of equipment and desire to use safely
- Ability to handle extended periods of activity and exposure to exterior elements
- At least 3 years of landscape experience including some crew leading experience
- A valid driver’s license and able to be insured on Sargent’s company insurance policy
- A Class A license or ability to obtain
- A MN-DOT Health Card or ability to obtain
- An age of 18 or older (required for landscape department)
- Availability to work Monday – Friday with occasional Saturday work. Hours are 7am – 5pm depending on job and season
Pay range $20-29 per hour.
Employee discount which includes up to 30% off plant materials.
Retirement Plan through a 401k. Sargent’s offers a match up to 4%.
Health Insurance options for Eligible Employee and Families (Sargent’s pays for 75% of employee monthly cost).
Paid Time Off (PTO). Eligible Sargent’s employees will earn paid time off.
*Minimum number of hours worked necessary for some benefits to apply.
This is a great role in a growing company with a dynamic culture. Sargent’s reputation, built over 50 years, has attracted many 30+ year employees and a loyal client base. To be effective in this role you need to be geared up to work hard, develop your skills, and communicate well.
To apply, submit the form below or send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org