Landscape Maintenance Supervisor
As the Landscape Maintenance Supervisor at Sargent’s, you will lead a team that is responsible for maintaining some of the most stunning landscapes in Rochester. Our Landscape Maintenance division performs maintenance of landscape beds, shrubs and small trees. This also includes installation of annual plantings in containers and beds.
The Landscape Maintenance Supervisor is a hands-on leader daily working side-by-side with the crews and whose other daily tasks will include job scheduling, training, customer notifications, and equipment coordination. You’ll act as the bridge between the sales team, the customer, and your crew, making sure maintenance jobs get completed as expected.
Sargent’s is a place where people love to work. You’ll know you’ve done your job well when you see plants and landscapes that are cared for to the highest standards and our customers are saying “Wow”.
You will measure your success here at Sargent’s by representing the Landscape Maintenance division well. A top performer in this role will be skilled in time management, leadership, communication, and completing jobs on time and budget. You will be part of a team that is growing and developing every day and you will hold a key leadership role in that development.
- A desire to do our best. We do not come to work every day to be average
- A culture of respect and diversity. Sargent’s understands that we succeed or fail as one
- A fun environment working with others who are passionate about plants
- An opportunity for your growth and development with the tools you need to grow and develop
- More information on Sargent’s culture can be found on our careers page: https://sargentsgardens.com/careers/
- A love for all things outdoors. A love for plants, even better
- An expertise in horticulture and a passion for continuing to grow your knowledge and skills
- An ability and passion to strategically incorporate (lead) the Sargent’s Vision, Mission and Values into the Garden Services division at Sargent’s
- A minimum of 3 years leading a crew
- Ability to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs, and handle tools/equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to handle extended periods of activity and exposure to weather of all kinds
- A valid driver’s license and able to be insured on Sargent’s company insurance policy
- A valid MN Pesticide Applicators license (or ability to get within 90 days)
Pay range $24-30 per hour.
Employee discount which includes up to 30% off plant materials.
Retirement Plan through a 401k. Sargent’s offers a match up to 4%.
Health Insurance for Eligible Employee and Families (Sargent’s pays for 75% of employee monthly cost).
Paid Time Off (PTO). Eligible Sargent’s employees will earn paid time off.
This is a great role in a growing company with a dynamic culture. Sargent’s reputation, built over 50 years, has attracted many 30+ year employees and a loyal client base. To be effective in this role you need to be geared up to work hard, grow, and communicate well.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fill out the form below.