Retail Customer Service Associate (Seasonal) – Sargent’s North
A Retail Customer Service Associate provides Sargent’s level customer service experiences for all retail customers, be it in person or other communication. A Retail Customer Service Associate is responsible for providing plant advice, as well as the right plants and garden products necessary for gardening success.
We know we have done our job well any time a customer leaves our store with a “wow” experience. Sargent’s is a place where customers and employees alike come to share their passion for the natural world. Our job is to fuel that passion in every interaction.
Common daily tasks may include customer carry- out, unloading delivery trucks, operation of the cash register, keeping the retail area clean, stocking bags and boxes behind the register, stocking shelves, and answering phones/customer questions.
As a retail associate, you will report to the store manager and assistant manager.
- A desire to do our best. We do not come to work every day to be average.
- A culture of respect and diversity. Sargent’s understands that we succeed or fail as one.
- A fun environment working with others who are passionate about plants.
- A vision of prosperity. You have goals for your life. We do too. We want those goals to be closer tomorrow than they are today.
- A nice employee discount on plants so you can get your plant “fix.”
- More information on Sargent’s culture can be found on our careers page: https://sargentsgardens.com/careers/
- A love of plants, both indoor and outdoor.
- A love of people and helping others.
- The ability to work outside in the elements as well as in a retail indoor setting.
- A love of working in a fast-paced, high energy seasonal business.
- An upbeat, positive attitude.
- A willingness to collaborate with all staff members be it your manager or peers.
- The ability to lift items such as potted plants or 12” glazed planters from a customer cart into the back of a vehicle.
Employee discount which includes up to 30% off plant materials.
Retirement Plan through a 401k. Sargent’s offers a match up to 4%.
Health Insurance for Eligible Employee and Families (Sargent’s pays for 75% of employee monthly cost).
Paid Time Off (PTO). Eligible Sargent’s employees will earn paid time off.
*Eligibility requirements may apply on benefits offered.
This is a great role in a growing company with a dynamic culture. Sargent’s reputation, built over 50 years, has attracted many 30+ year employees and a loyal client base. This position offers great flexibility and a fun working environment for anyone who has a love of plants, nature and sunshine. We hope you will consider joining the team!