Garden Services Crew Member
As a Garden Services Crew Member at Sargent’s, you will be part of a team that is responsible for the overall quality and efficiency of work performed by your team. Garden Services is a division of our landscape department and provides yard maintenance services that are essential to keep plants healthy and well maintained. Various tasks include planting, trimming, mulching, and weed control.
The most important characteristic of the Garden Services team is our ability to skillfully care for landscapes and gardens. Sargent’s attracts customers who are passionate about their landscapes. Our job is to use knowledge, hard work, and enthusiasm to exceed each customers’ expectations.
You will measure your success here at Sargent’s by safely and efficiently completing work orders to the highest standards and on budget. You will be part of a team that is growing and developing every day and you will play a key role in that development.
- A desire to do our best. We do not come to work every day to be average
- A culture of respect and diversity. Sargent’s understands that we succeed or fail as one
- A fun environment working with others who are passionate about plants
- An opportunity for your growth and development with the tools you need to grow and develop
- More information on Sargent’s culture can be found on our careers page: https://sargentsgardens.com/careers/
- A love for all things outdoors. A love for plants, even better
- A love for being around and working with people, both teammates and customers alike
- A passion to grow your knowledge and skills in horticulture
- A proven ability to lead a crew to deliver “Wow!” experiences each day to each customer
- A desire to follow written or verbal direction to complete all the details of each task
- Ability to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs, and handle tools/equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to handle extended periods of activity and exposure to weather of all kinds
- A valid driver’s license and able to be insured on Sargent’s company insurance policy
- A Pesticide Applicators license (not required)
Pay range $15-20 per hour.
Employee discount which includes up to 30% off plant materials.
Retirement Plan through a 401k. Sargent’s offers a match up to 4%.
Health Insurance for Eligible Employee and Families (Sargent’s pays for 75% of employee monthly cost).
Paid Time Off (PTO). Eligible Sargent’s employees will earn paid time off.
This is a great role in a growing company with a dynamic culture. Sargent’s reputation, built over 50 years, has attracted many 30+ year employees and a loyal client base. To be effective in this role you need to be geared up to work hard, grow, and communicate well.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.