Greenhouse Production Associate
Part time/Full time Seasonal (April – June with possibility of extension)
A Greenhouse Production Associate at Sargent’s is responsible for the planting, care and transport of the annuals and perennials we grow. Our greenhouses produce thousands of plants in a short amount of time that requires continuous tender loving care and attention during our growing season.
We strive to grow high quality annuals and perennials to pass on to our customers. We know we have done our job well when we have produced a superior product in a timely fashion
As a Sargent’s Greenhouse Production Associate, you are a motivated individual who works well on your own or in a team environment and you have a passion for being a part of a dynamic team who loves plants. You will help in all areas of annual and perennial production. Daily tasks are, but not limited to; planting plants on our automated planting line or by hand, hand-watering, weeding, deadheading, pulling landscape, contractor, and garden center orders, and keeping detailed records when planting, shipping, and pulling orders. This position also requires being able to work in a variety of weather conditions. To be successful, you must be physically capable of bending, twisting, being on your feet for long hours, and able to lift at least 25 lbs. repeatedly. You also may be asked to assist in other departments, such as garden center, field work with trees, or ornamental potted trees and shrubs (Woody Plants).
- A desire to do our best. We do not come to work every day to be average.
- A culture of respect and inclusivity. Sargent’s understands that we succeed or fail as one. Our definition of success requires that everyone feels safe and respected.
- A vision of prosperity. You have goals for your life. We do too. We want those goals to be closer tomorrow than they are today.
- Plenty of sunshine and a connection with nature.
- A high-energy, fast-paced and fun working environment.
- More information on Sargent’s culture can be found on our careers page: https://sargentsgardens.com/careers/
- A friendly, motivated, hardworking team player attitude
- A proclivity to the outdoors
- A love for plants and the desire to learn
- The ability to work as part of a team or individually
- A love for a fast-paced environment
- A love for taking on robust problems with short deadlines. We sell living products. This requires short deadlines and an “All Hands on Deck” attitude.
- The physical capacity of bending, twisting, being on one’s feet for long hours, and lift at least 25 lbs., sometimes repeatedly.
- Willingness to assist in other departments, i.e. garden center, ornamental potted trees and shrubs (Woody Plants), and field work with trees.
- Must be available for weekday/evening, and weekend work.
- Seasonal position, April – June with possibility of longer season.
- An ability to speak/translate Spanish, a plus.
Wage Rate: $17.34per hour.
Employee discount which includes up to 30% off plant materials.
Retirement Plan through a 401k. Sargent’s offers a match up to 4%.
Health Insurance options for Eligible Employee and Families (Sargent’s pays for 75% of employee monthly cost).
Paid Time Off (PTO). Eligible Sargent’s employees will earn paid time off.
*Minimum number of hours worked necessary for some benefits to apply.
This is a fun role in a growing company with a dynamic culture. Sargent’s reputation, built over 50 years, has attracted many 30+ year employees and a loyal client base. This position offers great flexibility and a fun working environment for anyone who has a love of plants, nature, and sunshine. We hope you will consider joining the team!